Mini Musk Turtle Colony

Cosmas.OS

I keep getting amazed by @Corys Colony of mini musk turtle, i am preparing a crate  of the size of 80cm X 60cm X 45cm (around 50 gallon) i was planning on Stocking it up with a bunch of guppy grass and some mutt guppies and ramshorn snail as both enrichment and turtle snack. But as i research more about the turtle and watch more videos on Stinkpot turtles(the closest i can get to the mini musks) i found that they can wreak hell on each other. I was originally planning on getting 3 juveniles/4 baby turtles but now i am hesitant.

Any suggestion to keeping a colony of turtles or any experience on how to do it well?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

@Guppysnail sorry it took a while but heres the updateupdate.  Get ready for the most ghetto turtle setup youve seen in a while. Its a 50 gallon industrial tub that i strapped on a bucket filter along eith those old chinese over the aquarium sumpi got 3 stinkpots in there with a bunch of teaball platy thats been breeding out of control lately. As for the turtles i amkeeping a close eye on whether they get too nippy with each other. 

IMG_20211203_171952.jpg

IMG_20211203_171529.jpg

IMG_20211203_171212.jpg

IMG_20211203_171205.jpg

IMG_20211203_171159.jpg

• Love 1

I've found with my musks that keeping males with females is dicy (unless you have a big enclosure). Male musk turtles can do a lot of damage, or even kill females that aren't receptive/other males. I would suggest sexing them when you can, and separate the male(s). They start getting aggressive when they become sexually mature.