How to build a double 40 gallon stand ?

Leo2o915

Found the video Cory made about the shelving one but can’t buy that anymore so want to build one myself ? Anyone have any luck with that is willing to share the measurements? And screws they used ? Would prefer the bottom tank to be completely off the ground if I can  TIA 

My stand is the “raw industrial” design from a thread on another forum. It’s 4x4 legs with 2x4 cross pieces and metal deck brackets from Lowe’s.  You can build any dimensions you want and it takes about 1/2 day to build. 
Here’s a pic from the net and you can look at mine in the link to my 75 gal journal. 

BE155C1E-2876-4C5B-8521-DDC69BA837CA.jpeg

Edited by Patrick_G
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 3:48 PM, Patrick_G said:

My stand is the “raw industrial” design from a thread on another forum. It’s 4x4 legs with 2x4 cross pieces and metal deck brackets from Lowe’s.  You can build any dimensions you want and it takes about 1/2 day to build. 
Here’s a pic from the net and you can look at mine in the link to my 75 gal journal. 

BE155C1E-2876-4C5B-8521-DDC69BA837CA.jpeg

Awesome thanks 

I went through a stand build earlier this year and documented it. It’s double height but not big enough for a 40 gallon on the bottom, since I added a storage cubby.

I also used deck screws but the screws are rarely supporting any weight on their own. All the major weight is supported directly on the 2x4 legs.