Anybody know what's going on with my platy's head?

B1gJ4k3

I have a platy that's got something weird going on with her head. I initial thought it was just some kind of genetic deformity, but it seems to be kind of split open and possibly flaking off. Maybe it's an injury of some kind? Not sure. I've separated her from my main tank and put her in another tank that I'm using to treat with salt, so I'm hoping if it's an injury that should help, but I want to make sure it's not something more serious. Photos attached. Don't know why they're upside down, but you get it...

Parameters:

• PH: 7.6
  • Ammonia: 0
  • Nitrite: 0
  • Nitrate: 20-30ppm
  • GH: 150
  • KH: 40

Anybody know what's going on here?

IMG_2432.JPG

IMG_2433.JPG

IMG_2434.JPG

That looks more like the start of a tumor or growth it could also be caused by a bacterial infection  I would keep treating with salt 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for a couple of days if it gets worse I would treat with kanaplex in food

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

One of my patties had a single tumor in the same area i treated isolated  it for a year or more and final i put it back in with some other fish and it lived for years and i assume of old age. i would follow @Colustared above and keep isolated for a long time. also mine had a single tumor it did look alike yours. There is hope but no guarantees.