What Is This Beautiful Plant!?

Hi @Minanora, It is Nymphoides hydrophylla (aka Nymphoides sp. Taiwan).  It is not difficult to grow with good conditions.  Medium light, good fertilzer(s) but it does not need CO2.  Grows in acid or alkaline water.  It can get large, especially with CO2, I have had it grow as tall as 20".  I have grown it for over 10 years and periodically sell plantlets to our local fish store.  -Roy

2021-11-5 45 Gallon M klasioensis C atropersonatus 01 Cropped Adj Sn Sm.jpg

Edited by Seattle_Aquarist
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's totally going into my 75G. It may crowd out my Val... but that's okay! I can, and will, move some Val for this beauty!

How much current does it prefer? Is it beautiful and wispy under a moderate flow or is it best suited for a calm area of the tank?

On 11/5/2021 at 7:20 PM, Minanora said:

It's totally going into my 75G. It may crowd out my Val... but that's okay! I can, and will, move some Val for this beauty!

How much current does it prefer? Is it beautiful and wispy under a moderate flow or is it best suited for a calm area of the tank?

Hi @Minanora,

Not too much current of the stems will twist together like a rope; just light current is good.  I usually judge plants this way, thin narrow leaf plants can tolerate high current while broad leaf plants typically seem to do better in slower current.  Nature's way of adapting!  If you would like a plant (snail-free) I will be glad to send you one for the price of USPS Priority Mail.  -Roy

Edited by Seattle_Aquarist
  • Love 1

On 11/7/2021 at 3:08 PM, Seattle_Aquarist said:

Hi @Minanora,

Not too much current of the stems will twist together like a rope; just light current is good.  I usually judge plants this way, thin narrow leaf plants can tolerate high current while broad leaf plants typically seem to do better in slower current.  Nature's way of adapting!  If you would like a plant (snail-free) I will be glad to send you one for the price of USPS Priority Mail.  -Roy

I would love to adopt a plant from you. I can send you a list of what's in my tank as well, if you're interested in anything I have. I'll message you my information.

• Like 1