Submersible water pump(s) for a 55 Gallon aquarium

Oftensniped

Hello all,

First time poster here, with a question about DIY internal filters for my bedroom's 55 gallon aquarium.  I am planning on sectioning off a portion of my 55 gallon aquarium similarly to how Joey from the King of DIY did in a most recent video and create a internal filter.  This aquarium currently has rainbows and apistos in it so I cannot have high flow on the bottom 1/3 of the aquarium.  What submersible pump could I use for this setup? I have been thinking about getting a sicce silent 1.0 or 1.5 but I have heard they can be loud and I can't really afford a 300 dollar pump.  Any Ideas?

Thank you very much for your time and responses in advance!

I use a cheap Amazon pump in my 100 gal patio pond. It gets the job done. I have six growing goldies but never see any toxins. 

It’s more or less like this one. 
GROWNEER 550GPH Submersible Pump 30W Ultra Quiet Fountain Water Pump, 2000L/H, with 7.2ft High Lift, 3 Nozzles for Aquarium, Fish Tank, Pond, Hydroponics, Statuary https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MDBYTLS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_P5K24QSNW8VW3GGKS8VE

G’day Oftensniped; I just put a Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 in the internal filter of an 80 litre tank (20 gallon for those who prefer their units of measure to not have evolved since the 16th century). The thing can certainly does what it says on the box, pump.

It was very quiet on full flow but I had to restrict the flow to prevent it creating a whirlpool that threatened to suck everything in the tank into a vortex in the nearest corner to the outflow…….not so silent now

On 11/5/2021 at 5:08 PM, Oftensniped said:

Have you needed to replace it at all?  Also how quite is it?  I don't mind a mild hum but anything more than that would probably be a no go.  My aquarium sits next to my bed so it needs to be fairly quiet.

We’ve used ours for several different applications over the years and it’s been fine. I’m not sure exactly which brand we have but it’s quiet. When it was powering an indoor fountain we could only hear the fountain, not the pump.