Update....

FrozenFins

So i have been quite absent from the forum as of lately. I've been completley worne out lately and barely have time to take care of my aquariums. Often when I have free time I just want to relax and not have to care for my aquariums. So I'm downsizing back down to 3 aquariums. 

Here are my plans:

1. Have the 40 gallon community aquarium and Hugos aquarium. All will remain the same
  2. Tear down vaders aquarium, tear down the guppy tank, and forget about the shrimp bowl
  3. Get a female betta and use the 10 gallon the guppies were in
  4. Possibly make this a betta community aquarium with the shrimp i was wanting, and some more schooling fish. Let me know what you think!

Okay now for my options on the betta. Last time I purchased a betta (hugo) it was a halfmoon from a petstore. A month later he fought a tragic case of finrot and just barely survived. And theres no way im gonna go through that again. So I'm going to buy my betta through a reptuable online breeder thats located in Houston, Texas. I know I'm not allowed to share links here so i wont, but if you want the source private message me. I want a female this time as they seem to be more timid and shorter finned.

• Do you think shrimp and some neocaridna shrimp (Pumpkin shrimp to be exact) would coexsist peacfully?

On 11/5/2021 at 7:06 PM, James Black said:

Do you think shrimp and some neocaridna shrimp (Pumpkin shrimp to be exact) would coexsist peacfully?

Every Betta is different. I had a male that didn’t bother them. Several times I would find a shrimp perched on his back. He was very relaxed and non aggressive. I’ve heard some will actively hunt them down. I think you have made some very wise choices. 

• Like 2

I bought 2 female bettas (for separate community tanks), and they both turned out to be a-holes. I scrapped plans for a 29g community so I could keep them in their own 10g tanks. It really does depend on the individual fish, so you might want to have a backup plan for the betta.