Neptune, my baby boy. I miss you.

FishPlanet

Neptune. I will forever remember your sweet name, personality, and just who you were.
I hope you are enjoying swimming under the rainbow bridge.

May 3rd, 2021. I walked into the pet store 2 months after I lost my first boy, Saturn, and I saw you. Short fins, small body, and strong personality. I decided right then and there to get you.

You lived in a 10 gallon for a week or so with fry on the other side of the divider and with a female. I am so sorry.
You then lived in a divided 10 gallon with your brother Atlantis on the other side.
Once Atlantis died, you had the whole tank to yourself.

I also enjoyed seeing you grow up into a handsome betta, with long flowing fins.

When I added in platy juveniles for you, you put up with them and they became your best friends.

I remember you used to hide in the java fern, enjoying a little peace and quiet, but when you heard me coming to your tank, you would swim out of the java fern and stay with me until I left. You always listened to my troubles, you stuck with me through some tough times. You were my best friend when I did not have any friends.

I wish that fin rot and dropsy did not claim your live so suddenly from me, but I am sure that you are enjoying the life with Calisto, Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto, Atlantis, and all the other bettas that have passed away.

Neptune, I will forever remember you. I will miss you, my little scaled, finned friend. I love you.

Your mommy

FishandBirdLover

Edited by FishPlanet
  • Sad 9

On 11/5/2021 at 1:14 PM, Fish Folk said:

So sorry for your loss… lots of other “Betta planets” (deities?) out there in stores that would love good care though…

I'm planning to look at bettas later this month. I am watching a betta over 2 weeks right now, though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 9:26 AM, FishPlanet said:

Neptune. I will forever remember your sweet name, personality, and just who you were.
I hope you are enjoying swimming under the rainbow bridge.

May 3rd, 2021. I walked into the pet store 2 months after I lost my first boy, Saturn, and I saw you. Short fins, small body, and strong personality. I decided right then and there to get you.

You lived in a 10 gallon for a week or so with fry on the other side of the divider and with a female. I am so sorry.
You then lived in a divided 10 gallon with your brother Atlantis on the other side.
Once Atlantis died, you had the whole tank to yourself.

I also enjoyed seeing you grow up into a handsome betta, with long flowing fins.

When I added in platy juveniles for you, you put up with them and they became your best friends.

I remember you used to hide in the java fern, enjoying a little peace and quiet, but when you heard me coming to your tank, you would swim out of the java fern and stay with me until I left. You always listened to my troubles, you stuck with me through some tough times. You were my best friend when I did not have any friends.

I wish that fin rot and dropsy did not claim your live so suddenly from me, but I am sure that you are enjoying the life with Calisto, Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto, Atlantis, and all the other bettas that have passed away.

Neptune, I will forever remember you. I will miss you, my little scaled, finned friend. I love you.

Your mommy

FishandBirdLover

may we all find our lost love ones under that rainbow bridge!

• Like 1