My fish has ick. help?

alLykaT66

Hello! I have a 10-gal mollie tank and one of them (or more) has ick, i think. I have ICK-X, so how long should I use it? Should I also raise the temp? I've been seeing 3 days for treatment and raise it to 80º, but I want a real professionals opinion.🤔 😁

Edited by alLykaT66

I'm one of those people who always asks WHY, WHY, WHY? 

The heat doesn't kill the ich btw, it just speeds up the life cycle- the hope is that you can kill it faster with the meds that way. 

The higher the temp in the tank the less available oxygen (ever have trouble breathing when you are really hot? yeah, that)- so make sure there is plenty of aeration if you use heat in conjunction with the treatment. This can be HOB, airstones, etc. 

The reason I bring this up is that I've treated Ich a few times and only 1x did I use heat. The other 2 times were just as sucessfully treated, just took a few days longer. 

• Thanks 1

Personally I cannot tell with your pic, it should be pretty obvious though. In this attached pic is an Oto I have that had Ich when I first got them. The Ich generally starts on fins but as you can also see it will also start to attack the body. The very clear white dots on fin and body are the parasite. It can start with a single dot and grow to hundreds quickly if not spotted and treated. 

Resized_20201223_144036.jpg

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX