think my loaches are sick

scott the fishman

On 10/28/2021 at 6:19 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

ammonia? 0?

yes my ammonia is at 0

On 10/28/2021 at 6:13 PM, scott the fishman said:

hello guys! some of my yoyo loaches have a whitish slime on them and are shimmering off the bottom aggressively.

my shipment from aquarium coop is arriving today. my question is should i do my bi weekly water change now or wait. 

i orderd the trio fish meds 

now that my whole 75 gallon tank is on meds should i hold off on the api leaf zone once a week until my fish are healed 

I personally cannot speak to that as I do not use fertilizer, hopefully someone can speak to that.....

I've never done the med trio but I believe others have said they are safe for plants (whereas I'm used to the meds I use not being great for most plants or inverts). 

I have found most manufacturers responsive to emails about conflicts of meds and other tank supplements, if you shoot them emails. 

On 10/28/2021 at 7:52 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

I personally cannot speak to that as I do not use fertilizer, hopefully someone can speak to that.....

I've never done the med trio but I believe others have said they are safe for plants (whereas I'm used to the meds I use not being great for most plants or inverts). 

I have found most manufacturers responsive to emails about conflicts of meds and other tank supplements, if you shoot them emails. 

thank you thats good to know 

On 10/28/2021 at 8:21 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Good, yep, I'd change water and medicate ASAP. If you don't have the meds and have Aquarium Salt you could at least start there. 

Don't medicate or use salt (esp salt) unless you know what you are treating. Salt in particular is not the best thing for loaches. 

loaches and yoyo in particular like water with a bit of current. Also the water has to be very clean. They should be kept in groups of 6 or more (is your aquarium over 50 gallons?)

Edited by anewbie

On 10/28/2021 at 9:48 PM, anewbie said:

Don't medicate or use salt (esp salt) unless you know what you are treating. Salt in particular is not the best thing for loaches. 

well damn i have medicated my tank using aquarium co-op tri med treats ich parasitic diseases and bacterial infections.

is scaleless  fish and plant safe . so i hope i am doing  the right thing

OK GUYS day 4. loaches look better i think they are swimming more like themselves. bad news my new shipment of meds is a day late now so cant medicate today. i checked all my LFS they do not have what i need for meds. but i do see a improvement in the 3 yoyo loaches. they seem less stressed and scavenging for food once again. i took a small vid but it to big to post. i know know i am 2 yoyo loaches short in my tank no bodies but gone.

On 10/31/2021 at 1:24 PM, scott the fishman said:

OK GUYS day 4. loaches look better i think they are swimming more like themselves. bad news my new shipment of meds is a day late now so cant medicate today. i checked all my LFS they do not have what i need for meds. but i do see a improvement in the 3 yoyo loaches. they seem less stressed and scavenging for food once again. i took a small vid but it to big to post. i know know i am 2 yoyo loaches short in my tank no bodies but gone.

ok i was able to get some pics of my sick yoyo loaches. they are doing much better now on day 4. the rest of the fish are looking great.

IMG_20211031_155416.jpg

IMG_20211031_155441.jpg

IMG_20211031_155452.jpg

IMG_20211031_155507.jpg

IMG_20211031_155530.jpg

IMG_20211031_154741.jpg

IMG_20211031_154930.jpg

• Like 1