Passing bad appetite

Helan

It can be a lot of things or nothing, 

I would keep an eye on his belly size, if he looks healthy or fat and he’s not eating, maybe try switching up the food maybe it is hard for him to digest and he’s already full of food. maybe it’s the type of food and he’s being picky, I have had bettas that really don’t like flakes and go more for pellets and I have had some bettas who don’t care what it is it’s in their belly lol. 

if your betta is very skinny and not eating it could be a health issue but I’m guessing more towards the first. 

On 10/20/2021 at 7:35 PM, GardenStateGoldfish said:

It can be a lot of things or nothing, 

I would keep an eye on his belly size, if he looks healthy or fat and he’s not eating, maybe try switching up the food maybe it is hard for him to digest and he’s already full of food. maybe it’s the type of food and he’s being picky, I have had bettas that really don’t like flakes and go more for pellets and I have had some bettas who don’t care what it is it’s in their belly lol. 

if your betta is very skinny and not eating it could be a health issue but I’m guessing more towards the first. 

His belly looked normal, he actually looks like his usual self just not as chirpy. I feed him bloodworms and soaked pellets 

I wouldn't worry about about nitrates till there over 40ppm 20ppm are not harmful to Betta if you have live that's the Idea range at that level it wouldn't have caused loss of appetite what your ammonia and nitirte levels and what temperature do you keep him at

On 10/20/2021 at 8:09 PM, Colu said:

I wouldn't worry about about nitrates till there over 40ppm 20ppm are not harmful to Betta if you have live that's the Idea range at that level it wouldn't have caused loss of appetite what your ammonia and nitirte levels and what temperature do you keep him at

Ammonia was a 3, temperature a steady 25

It more than likely ammonia effecting him I would do Daily water changes till your ammonia levels drop to zero and add prime every 24hr to detox any ammonia i would consider uping your temperature Bettas immune system work better with the temperature at 26

On 10/20/2021 at 8:18 PM, Colu said:

It more than likely ammonia effecting him I would do Daily water changes till your ammonia levels drop to zero and add prime every 24hr to detox any ammonia i would consider uping your temperature Bettas immune system work better with the temperature at 26

Alright thanks 🙏