Betta Imbellis

Karen B.

Greetings!

Sadly my Betta Darcy Died last week. We think he choked on something. I was completely devastated even if I had him for a little less then 2 weeks… didn’t help he passed away one day before my birthday. He was a beautiful male plakat hellboy 

I was thinking about a Getting a betta Imbellis next time. Anyone here have experience with them? I heard they can be pretty peaceful and housed in a pair… what would you recommend for a 10 gallons? Here is the tank (the substrate will be changed to sand)

3A2113FF-489B-46CC-8E75-6F247DE787DE.jpeg.b4e531b490d241f336157bb3babb4c83.jpeg

• Sad 2

On 10/18/2021 at 12:09 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Very sorry for your loss. 😞 What are your water parameters and temperature? Have you considered a Blue Dwarf Gourami? 

I already have a honey gourami. I am not quite yet ready to give up on bettas, hence a Betta Imbellis.

or I must admit I was always drawn to Apistogrammas… but I don’t like agression so…

On 10/18/2021 at 12:20 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

I get it. I'm just starting to form the opinion that Bettas are not easy to keep, and not great in community tanks as they need different parameters than typical community fish. But I wish you much luck on your next pick!

My next betta won’t be in a community tank that’s for sure.

but you are right. They seem to die often or fall ill. And as it’s a single fish, you get more attached then if one of you 10 neon tetra die

Yep. That's what I've experienced in the last year have had a few die 2 within a few months the first one thankfully made it over a year but that's still not long enough. It's unfortunate. 

I can make Otocinclus breed and keep everyone else alive....but not a Betta! 😞 

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 12:26 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Yep. That's what I've experienced in the last year have had a few die 2 within a few months the first one thankfully made it over a year but that's still not long enough. It's unfortunate. 

I can make Otocinclus breed and keep everyone else alive....but not a Betta! 😞 

I am cursed with shrimps too! I look at them and they die. 😓