Dad and daughter at the aquarium

Patrick_G

Sometime amazing things happen. My daughter wanted to take her senior pictures at the Point Defiance Aquarium in Tacoma,  just a short ferry ride away.  It was a great day of fun. I’m lucky to have such a great kid! 
You going to love this vid of a Ratfish! 

F1C25A06-AEE8-4636-BBEC-52FC7CD35EF3.jpeg

595B0030-9376-4566-BBBB-0E353C134F39.jpeg

Edited by Patrick_G
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

On 10/17/2021 at 10:43 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Ratfish!!! Whaaatttt?! 🤯 That is the coolest! There are some amazing creatures in this world. 

I could have watched it all day. It’s like a cross between a Porcupine Puffer (the eyes)  a shark and a ray. Apparently they make up a large percentage of the fish biomass in Puget Sound. 

49FA8CE6-0299-468E-BD55-B0BF63DF91D0.jpeg

B15D3E63-0342-48E5-8DED-F6611C3B01AB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Nice photos - looks like a great day.  If you happened to run into an employee named Malik (super nice guy) at the aquarium,  his previous job was "the aquatics guy" at the Tacoma Mall Petco.  If your daughter has any interest in potentially working at the/a Zoo or aquarium,  she should reach out to them.  There's ways to "get in" there (they also have a "be a zoo keeper for a day" program where you can work a bunch of the jobs first hand) and it seems like it's a great bunch of people.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2021 at 8:53 AM, NanoNano said:

If your daughter has any interest in potentially working at the/a Zoo or aquarium,  she should reach out to them.  There's ways to "get in" there (they also have a "be a zoo keeper for a day" program where you can work a bunch of the jobs first hand) and it seems like it's a great bunch of people.

Thanks for the tip. She’s leaning towards vet tech training and would love to work at an aquarium or animal rehab facility. 

Edited by Patrick_G
  • Like 1

What a fun choice, and such and exciting time in her (and yours) life!

I have found most, if not all, the people at Seattle Aquarium to be really nice and helpful. I wouldn't have done the Puget Sound biotope if it wasn't for their kind help.

Congratulations, parents!

And, very cool critters in those pictures I recognize. 😀

• Like 1