Measuring Fritz Complete?

CalmedByFish

I've been using a water conditioner that measures as 5 ml / 10 gallons water. I just ran out, so I got out my first bottle of Fritz Complete. It says to measure 5 ml / 50 gallons. That's quite a difference!

Needing to treat just 2 gallons, I got a 1.0 ml syringe, and used 0.2 ml of Fritz Complete in the 2 gallons of water. That amount looks miniscule! Could that really be enough? I'm having a hard time believing it.

• Administrators
On 10/13/2021 at 2:42 PM, CalmedByFish said:

I've been using a water conditioner that measures as 5 ml / 10 gallons water. I just ran out, so I got out my first bottle of Fritz Complete. It says to measure 5 ml / 50 gallons. That's quite a difference!

Needing to treat just 2 gallons, I got a 1.0 ml syringe, and used 0.2 ml of Fritz Complete in the 2 gallons of water. That amount looks miniscule! Could that really be enough? I'm having a hard time believing it.

Yes, Fritz Complete is very concentrated and can treat quite a lot. 5ml will treat up to 50 gallons. If you have the aquarium Co-Op bottle, it comes with a pump head that doses 1ml to treat 10 gallons. Also, note that you can dose up to 5x the amount in certain situations. Maybe a 1/2 squirt from the pump head in your application. I dose pretty liberally in my smaller tanks (a full pump or so in 4 gallon nano tank).