Neolampologous question

ADMWNDSR83

I am hoping that my new 10 gallon tank is going to turn into a new breeding project, either for multies or similis.  I naturally have pretty hard water, although it is also fairly acidic.  My plan at this point was to use Aragonite for the substrate, and seachem's Lake T buffer to get the ph up where it needs to be.  Is this acceptable?  Is there any problem with using the Aragonite with the shell dwellers?  I have no problem getting yelled at before I start so I don't have a miserable failure after things get going.  Thanks!

On 10/6/2021 at 8:27 PM, s1_ said:

One thing to watch for would be overcrowding once they do start breeding.

Within about twenty minutes of my house, I know of two local LFS.  I plan, before I start the project, to stop by both of them to ask about their local purchasing policy.  I will let them both know what I plan to be breeding, and see if either or both would be willing to buy them from me, or even simply take them when it begins to overcrowd. (I would leave this option out until the tell me a firm no on buying the offspring!)  I don't know enough about Aquabid to feel comfortable buying off there, much less selling.

For me they grew and sold slow, I thought they would be a bigger hit. They like my water out of the tap and breed themselves.  in my area the Tanganyikans seem to be more of a niche.

I was also breeding caudopunctatus which I thought would really take off. They seemed to grow faster and have bigger spawns but moved even slower than the multis.

Good luck, I think you will enjoy the multi tank setup. Its a dual purpose, breeding and show tank all in one.

• Thanks 1