New Fluval 3.0 Light

JGarratt4

Need help setting up my light. Tank is a 20 long with the following plants…Rotala H’ra, Dwarf Baby Tears, Anubias, Cryptocoryne Wendtii Red.

what settings should I have? I have had a bad bloom of green fuzz algae as well….I’ve watched Pascoe’s videos on YouTube, but hoping someone can help my personalize my tank to it specifically. 

I use CO2 injection, and easy green ferts once a week. The Rotala and Cryptocoryne are still converting from emmersed to immersed….root tabs also in the substrate, but not seeing much growth in a few weeks….

5E40A588-1E16-44A7-91D4-B8F72FDB240A.png

Edited by JGarratt4
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 9:02 PM, JGarratt4 said:

Need help setting up my light. Tank is a 20 long with the following plants…Rotala H’ra, Dwarf Baby Tears, Anubias, Cryptocoryne Wendtii Red.

what settings should I have? I have had a bad bloom of green fuzz algae as well….I’ve watched Pascoe’s videos on YouTube, but hoping someone can help my personalize my tank to it specifically. 

I use CO2 injection, and easy green ferts once a week. The Rotala and Cryptocoryne are still converting from emmersed to immersed….root tabs also in the substrate, but not seeing much growth in a few weeks….

5E40A588-1E16-44A7-91D4-B8F72FDB240A.png

HI  JGarratt4,

Just need to caveat this with I am an advanced beginner in plants. However, i do have several Fluval 3.0 lights, so I will weigh in while we wait for the experts to show up 🙂 . it would help if you could also post a pic of your tank - it would help me anyway.

Is this a new setup? If so, your settings may be way too high - especially on a 20 Long. You are blasting as much light as I do on my deep 90 Gallon. No doubt this amount of light is very stressful for the plants and may be contributing to fuzzy algae. In general, you don't want to blast new setups with a lot of light, so maybe turn everything down to 50%. I've included my 90 Gallon program and pic of tank for reference. I've had to tweak settings a lot, but I was only able to turn everything up when the plants got more established.

****Sigh**** I've just rescaped this tank and now it looks a mess -why did I destroy my beautiful tank???- this picture makes me feel nostalgic. Oh well, we carry on.

I

IMG_1257.PNG

65168518817__45D0A2C8-169C-4F0F-89A5-7EFF6979157A.jpg

Edited by Cyndi
Clarity
  • Like 1