Astronomically dumb question...

my pretty swords never send out spike; but my bhareri sword (which i find ughly) sends one or two out every 10 to 14 days which greatly annoys me. I abuse the heck out of it and it keeps sending them out. I need a spike eating fish or a curse that i can place on the plant. Now if only my pretty swords would send a few out.

• Haha 1

On 10/27/2021 at 1:47 PM, JettsPapa said:

I guess I hadn't really done the math before, but I just did.  When I'm buying the rock wool and pots my cost is right about $1.00, so I'm making $1.00 each on the Amazon swords.  The Keurig cups I use for the crypts would be going in the trash if I didn't use them for that, so the cost on those is only about 30 cents.

That's fair, for sure. I was just thinking about it from a side hustle perspective, and also from the viewpoint of a medium/high tech grow tank since I have a spare CO2 rig. Obviously, this would create bigger plants faster, but is it really necessary? Mehhh probably not, and reducing the ferts will reduce my cost and potentially increase profitability. Waiting for payday for a 20 long so I can start the growout tank.