Newby and Water Parameter Questions

kjfhg

I'm fairly new to aquariums (about 6 months). Water parameters confuse me so I'm asking for advice from others much more knowledgeable than me!

I have attached a chart with the parameters for my well water (both without going through our water softener and from the tap), and also the parameters for each of my 20 gal tanks.

My 20H tank is beautiful. The water is clear, plants are healthy and fish are well (Platies (adult females, juveniles and fry); panda corys and a Pleco). My 20L is newest (about 2 months). Has plants, male platies, ember tetras, rummy nose tetras, albino corys, 2 Kuhli loaches and 1 Pleco.

In my limited knowledge, I believe I need to raise my buffer. Is that correct and if so, would adding crushed coral be a solution?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Kelley79D27026-5F6C-42C6-8014-EAC2339D270B.jpeg.01f6241a1cc92dde64d92ace202b22b4.jpeg

On 9/8/2021 at 4:02 PM, Tihshho said:

If the plants and fish are happy and healthy and you're not seeing signs of anything bad there is no need to change anything.

I agree with @Tihshho, the parameters look good anyways. pH is a little low for plecos but not bad and if you want to change it, you could add crushed coral or add a buffer. I use Seachem neutral regulator to get 7.0. Im also on well and the ph is also a little low here too

• Like 1

I wouldn’t chase ph here.  Your numbers are stable.  And what I have heard from many experienced aquarists is change is what harms fish the most. So if the ph is stable and the gh and oh are spot on then I wouldn’t make quick changes.  If you want to add coral allow me to recommend slowly.    I hope this is of help.  

Tedrock