Hello from Hawaii

wendypizza

Hi everyone! Like the title says, I'm from Hawaii. I'm getting back into the hobby, planning a fancy goldfish tank. So obviously, I don't have any fish yet, save for some guppies in ponds outside, but I'll add a picture of my cats, who I'm sure are looking forward to the new arrivals. I've ordered some plants from the Co-Op so I'll have plenty of time to aquascape while the fish are in quarantine. I've anyone has tips for breaking up the line of sight in a tall tank (it's a 36g bowfront, which is 30in tall) let me know!

Fun fact: my grandpa used to keep saltwater fish, there was one manini I was fond of (sadly, I don't remember the tank or the fish, who was named Charlie Boy). I'll try to see if anyone has a photo of the aquarium.

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 6.38.28 PM.png

Welcome to the family! Normally, I would recommend floating plants with really long roots (like frogbit or dwarf water lettuce), but I'm afraid your goldfish would make a quick meal out of them What if you got a taller piece of driftwood and attached java fern on the wood at different heights to help with line of sight?

9 hours ago, Irene said:

Welcome to the family! Normally, I would recommend floating plants with really long roots (like frogbit or dwarf water lettuce), but I'm afraid your goldfish would make a quick meal out of them What if you got a taller piece of driftwood and attached java fern on the wood at different heights to help with line of sight?

Thanks so much for the idea! I'm planning an island-style aquascape (not like, hula/tiki-themed, but a single block of rocks) so I'll see if I can find a nice piece of driftwood to go along with the rocks.

• Like 1