Most nerm achievements

Atitagain

I’m a full fledged nerm I can talk to people for hours about aquariums even when their not interested, I watch tons of videos, I research in a lot of ways (trial and error being my favorite), love cleaning and maintaining tanks, ect… but my most crowing achievement as a nerm might not seem that big of deal to most but I’m usually I need something, I go buy it kind a guy. But the planning and work put into this has been exciting to me to say the least.45D6B803-8483-4861-B1BA-DAD950A97801.jpeg.8fa3e84620282f2f759bb68a88efcf99.jpegit’s a spawning enclosure. Egg create covered in mesh sewed on with fishing line through every hole, zip ties together, will sit about an inch off bottom, and above water line by 1/2 inch. Still have finishing touches to do in the morning.

I had the egg create, then for some reason the mesh was a bag one of my grandkids  toys came in. 

So what’s your nerm out invention, creation, upgrade to a existing product, or the nerm moment your proud of?

Edited by Atitagain
Speling
  • Like 6

Nice work!

The nerm moment I'm (mostly undeservedly) proud of wasn't so much a creation or anything but just doing a couple of people some favours - I met a nice old chap who was closing down his fish room due to health issues and wanted to sell off his old tanks and equipment but wasn't having much luck, I thought I knew someone (my 'fish guy' who imports and breeds/sells fish out of his garage as a side hustle to whatever his day job is) who might be interested and brokered a deal between them to take it all off his hands as a job lot - both were very grateful as my fish guy got a really great deal on a bunch of stuff and the nice old chap said it was a weight off his shoulders at a stressful time and even thanked me with a couple of small tanks he had kept back from the lot he sold! So we all went away happy. It wasn't exactly a big thing to do I was just coincidentally well placed to help a couple of Nerms out a little bit and I like it when a plan comes together! 

I also occasionally help out when I see reddit posts from newbies asking questions and the replies are either not very helpful/lacking explanation to downright unpleasant, I always try to write a well thought out answer that explains things in a newbie friendly way that points them in the right direction. Again not much but gives me the warm and fuzzies when out of all the replies posted mine is the one that gets the thank you reply - plus I feel like I'm upholding the Nerm/CARE forum values! 

Not done a whole lot of DIY yet but I have a few plans I've jotted down that when I get around to I will try and remember to take pics and post them here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2021 at 12:01 AM, KentFishFanUK said:

Nice work!

The nerm moment I'm (mostly undeservedly) proud of wasn't so much a creation or anything but just doing a couple of people some favours - I met a nice old chap who was closing down his fish room due to health issues and wanted to sell off his old tanks and equipment but wasn't having much luck, I thought I knew someone (my 'fish guy' who imports and breeds/sells fish out of his garage as a side hustle to whatever his day job is) who might be interested and brokered a deal between them to take it all off his hands as a job lot - both were very grateful as my fish guy got a really great deal on a bunch of stuff and the nice old chap said it was a weight off his shoulders at a stressful time and even thanked me with a couple of small tanks he had kept back from the lot he sold! So we all went away happy. It wasn't exactly a big thing to do I was just coincidentally well placed to help a couple of Nerms out a little bit and I like it when a plan comes together! 

I also occasionally help out when I see reddit posts from newbies asking questions and the replies are either not very helpful/lacking explanation to downright unpleasant, I always try to write a well thought out answer that explains things in a newbie friendly way that points them in the right direction. Again not much but gives me the warm and fuzzies when out of all the replies posted mine is the one that gets the thank you reply - plus I feel like I'm upholding the Nerm/CARE forum values! 

Not done a whole lot of DIY yet but I have a few plans I've jotted down that when I get around to I will try and remember to take pics and post them here. 

What a great way to answer because it’s not only fish keeping and how you go about it. Being a true nerm is always trying to help out others in what ever way is possible. 
In my eyes you absolutely upheld the nerm/CARE values. And I think the way you approached this thread is an example of what it means to be a nerm.

• Thanks 2