This is my first time using wood in a tank. I know I need to let it soak so it will sink, but how long will that take? Days, weeks? I filled my tank today and used some of the rocks to hold the wood underwater. Pictures are before and after water.. It is smaller pieces of spiderwood. Thanks!

20200927_174734.jpg

20200927_195801.jpg

The amount of time you soak wood to keep it from floating depends on how dense the wood is so dense wood needs little or no time soaking to sink. Now if you’re talking tannins you soak and change the water until the wood stops coloring the water.

• Like 1

My spider wood took a couple of weeks to sink if putting straight in the tank. When I soak them in tubs and buckets with hot water, they sink in less than a week. Spiderwood is the one I have the most issues with growing fuzz. It can get pretty gnarly looking, but man it's nice looking driftwood. My pygmy Cories are munching up the nasty fuzz from my newest piece. I've got 2 big Manzanita branches soaking in my 55 gallon. The Bristlenose Plecos take care of keeping it clean. Your driftwood looks great!

• Like 1