Scarlet Badis with black patches

bryanisag

Hi all, my Scarlet Badis has developed black spots on it. He appears very active and is still eating quite well. He came out of a 3 week QT with the med trio looking really good with no markings. That was many weeks ago and i have just now noticed his new colors. My parameters are:

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrate: 25ppm

Nitrite: 0ppm

Hardness: 300ppm?

Buffer: 100ppm?

pH: 7.4

Chlorine: 0ppm

Temp: 76 degrees

If anyone has any advice please do share.

PXL_20210831_164259990.jpg

PXL_20210831_164039372.jpg

PXL_20210831_163706849.jpg

PXL_20210831_163636557.jpg

PXL_20210831_143210521.jpg

Ammonia can cause these black patch's is it possible you missed an ammonia spike or it could be black spot that more common in ponds it occasionally occurs in aquarium  as it has a complex life cycle treatment for black stop is praziquantel  which is the active ingredient in paracleanse prazipro and general cure it looks more like ammonia poisoning to me

Edited by Colu

Thank you @Coluand @indranilfor your ideas. I hadn't heard of black spot disease and perhaps that's the cause. I feed mosquitoes out of an outdoor pond so perhaps the parasites came from there. I feed all my tanks this way on occasion though and only see the spots on this one fish. Also if I did have an ammonia spike would it be likely to see these marks on my other fish? I have 1 betta, 2 female guppies, 15 ember tetras, 6 corrys and 2 dwarf frogs in this aquarium as well as cherry shrimp and snails and see no other spots. Thanks to anyone with thoughts on the problem 🙂

On 9/2/2021 at 9:36 AM, bryanisag said:

Thank you @Coluand @indranilfor your ideas. I hadn't heard of black spot disease and perhaps that's the cause. I feed mosquitoes out of an outdoor pond so perhaps the parasites came from there. I feed all my tanks this way on occasion though and only see the spots on this one fish. Also if I did have an ammonia spike would it be likely to see these marks on my other fish? I have 1 betta, 2 female guppies, 15 ember tetras, 6 corrys and 2 dwarf frogs in this aquarium as well as cherry shrimp and snails and see no other spots. Thanks to anyone with thoughts on the problem 🙂

don't worry ,fish is happy so happy u...