75g outdoor endler tank

Littlefish

I’m about an hour south. I used to take care of the polo fields at Lakewood Ranch. I used to see them all the time in the canals here. The city is supposed to have the most canals in the world with more than 400 miles. A hint to the city. I say used to because they are there after they built a houses there that have see walls. I still see them at the boat launch. 

On 9/15/2021 at 9:33 PM, Brandon p said:

I’m about an hour south. I used to take care of the polo fields at Lakewood Ranch. I used to see them all the time in the canals here. The city is supposed to have the most canals in the world with more than 400 miles. A hint to the city. I say used to because they are there after they built a houses there that have see walls. I still see them at the boat launch. 

In the 80's we used to go down there and fish the canals in canoes, they were untouched.  Also, no exotics,  just as many bass as you cared to catch.   Also the roads had knee high or waist high grass growing in the asphalt cracks.  We did some streetracing, too.

There were a few rednecks there who had moved there from Arcadia, living off grid, or a handful of houses on the streets that had lines run.  

Here are the hatched tadpoles!  That didn't take long, maybe 2-3 days?  They are exactly the size of baby endlers.  There is an ancient black neon tetra and a cory in here I didn't feel good about turning into the lfs for credit bcs they are so old.  The tetra may eat them if it gets hungry,  it used to when it saw the angels gulping them down.

The betta and gudgeon ate well tonight!  They slurped up maybe 10 I put in their tank in minutes.

20210916_175500.jpg.db28d38c810b78e5c071b73c95641557.jpg

20210916_175757.jpg.bf770a53818867b8823f02fec7a453ff.jpg

• Love 1

It’s changed so much. Now a big part of it has houses around. After hurricane Charlie and Irma most new homes built sea walls on the canals. We’re I live was a popular street racing spot then. In the 80’s I saw planes than would fly super low and drop bags out or land on one of the road that are super bad and take off a few minutes latter. I wonder what was happening. Now it is invasives. Nile monitors, coyotes, Iguanas, African giants snails, oscars, an Occasional pyhon or boa. Boa killed one of my sons show chickens. Now to get the pristine canals you have to go to the Everglades. You can still catch lots of bass here just not like the glades in size

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 7:21 PM, Brandon p said:

It’s changed so much. Now a big part of it has houses around. After hurricane Charlie and Irma most new homes built sea walls on the canals. We’re I live was a popular street racing spot then. In the 80’s I saw planes than would fly super low and drop bags out or land on one of the road that are super bad and take off a few minutes latter. I wonder what was happening. Now it is invasives. Nile monitors, coyotes, Iguanas, African giants snails, oscars, an Occasional pyhon or boa. Boa killed one of my sons show chickens. Now to get the pristine canals you have to go to the Everglades. You can still catch lots of bass here just not like the glades in size

Good times!

Made the trip down with the kids to the water park Saturday the wife saw on fb.  Mind blowing the change in the area, especially the ethnic diversity.  Eastern Orthodox churches, Jamaicans, etc!

Chickens used to handle the snakes around here.  Wonder if Guinea hens would drive off a boa...