Where to put breeder strebai

Brandon p

I just received a shipment of 12 sterbai corys and was going to place them in the old man tank(and old angel) a 55 gallon. I have a 29 gal with a trio of apistos’ and a pair of angels. Where should I put them. The old man tank is about 85 day and 80 at night and the othe is set at 83

Edited by Brandon p
Addition

Is there a third option??? Sterbai cory's preferred temperature range is 73-79 (depending on what reference you use).  I know this isn't too far off but prolonged excessive heat could cause stress that shortens life span and deters any breeding you were hoping for.

Edited by DSH OUTDOORS
  • Like 1

I choose to put them in the quarantine tank that is house temp that runs 78-80. In SW Florida that is very bearable for me. I debated about an outside pond as I’m have luck with some African cichlids and Molly’s that I have never be able to in the past. I will have to watch deans sterbai video if there is one if non they he has had them on enough I’m sure he talks about. I have 8 in my “special tank”’the tank I have next to my chair and can watch them. 

Right now  they went into the third possible tank, the quarantine. It’s inside and room temperature which for me is 78-79*F. I can keep it 72-74 or have it a little warmer and use the extra for fish. Sorry I already said that. I will up load the tanks when I’m ready to move them in 2.5 and 3 weeks

Edited by Brandon p
  • Like 1