Wispy white algae?

Barnacle_Gil

I'm noticing a wispy white web type substance (pre brown algae?) in my newly set up tank of about two weeks now with plants and a couple hardy Zebra Danios.  It's beginning to form on small spots on the hard scape deco and a couple plants.  I've been letting the tank "season" with Stability & Prime.  PH = 7, Ammonia = 0, Nitrite = .5, Nitrate = 40     (I should probably do a water chg.)   I've ordered Easy Carbon ...... 

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Should I be concerned?  

Thanks for any help   :classic_blush:

On 8/18/2021 at 8:34 AM, Barnacle_Gil said:

Ah, "polysaccharides" it's all good .......... whew!  Thank you for the feedback.  This whole bio cycle thing has been interesting.  I'm over thinking it I guess and need more patience.  

Thanks again!

Let it do it’s thing. Mother Nature is very reliable…yet grows some funky looking stuff in the process 🤣 share pictures of your new tank please. I love pictures!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 9:01 AM, Guppysnail said:

Let it do it’s thing. Mother Nature is very reliable…yet grows some funky looking stuff in the process 🤣 share pictures of your new tank please. I love pictures!

Ok, here's a couple pic's but it's got a ways to go yet.  Amazon Sword on the left, Java Fern's, Anub petite, Val,, Crypt. Parva, Wisteria, Crypt. Wendtii and Pink Flamingo.  The Flamingo melted ..... waved goodbye ........ and vanished within the first 24 hrs!  SAD, I killed it!  I glued it to the back of the rock in the foreground.  A couple days ago I spotted a tiny RED thread peeking up from behind that rock, OH MAN!  It's BACK in all it's RED glory.  I didn't move the rock & just let it be.  Patience paid off!  Anyway, by Christmas this tank should be doing well, (Knock on wood)

Tank_1.jpg

Tank_2.jpg

• Love 1