What is on my Orandas head

Hannah Q

Normally white spots that look like whiteheads are new wen growth, yours based on the photo does look like it could be something more, oranda can get bacterial infections in their wen at times, if you do not have plants I’d recommend salt, if you do I’d recommend some melafix. If you still wanted to go the salt route you can do half the recommended dose or a salt bath outside of the tank. 

whatever it is it looks minor and your fish looks healthy, it shouldn’t be a difficult fix! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 8/7/2021 at 9:59 PM, GardenStateGoldfish said:

Normally white spots that look like whiteheads are new wen growth, yours based on the photo does look like it could be something more, oranda can get bacterial infections in their wen at times, if you do not have plants I’d recommend salt, if you do I’d recommend some melafix. If you still wanted to go the salt route you can do half the recommended dose or a salt bath outside of the tank. 

whatever it is it looks minor and your fish looks healthy, it shouldn’t be a difficult fix! 

I agree that the white marks looks like new growth. To me the wen could be changing colors/ growing and should not be of concern. Just monitor the fish for any changes of behavior and if the spots do turn out to be bad then go off of the instructions from @GardenStateGoldfish

PS, the goldfish looks crazy cool with the trio of color