Keeping L number plecos and bristlenose plecos together

Ajcross222

Hi, 

I've got a small group of 4 snowball plecos coming . They will be going into a 4ft tank I have which is a tetra community tank. I know the snowballs won't really touch the algae so I wondered if I could also keep some bristlenoses with them from my other tanks?

I have seen some people do this but also hear they can be too territorial. Anyone have any experience of keeping them together? 

Thanks, 

Adrian

Though I could be wrong, I think that the picture on this topic is actually from a pleco I own and keep with bristlenose. 

I really like plecos, and I have 3 bristlenose, 3 peckoltia braueri, 4 l333s (probably 1 l066 and 3 l333s, though I bought all for as l333s) and one hypostomus affinis in a 65 gallon aquarium. I do provide plenty of hides and caves, and I only ever see agression between the same species and it never results in injuries to the fish.

Here is the Pic of my pleco 

1707480867_WhatsAppImage2020-07-21at20_22_57.jpeg.220d67ffb670aeb44d4f984411522f8c.jpeg

Edited by gcalberto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

Sorry for the late response. I think the site has automatically used a picture, I didn't know it had put one up lol. 

I've had them together a few days now and everything seems to be going great. Tempted to get some other plecos aswell now lol