Single Sickly Bumblebee Platy

Wonder Boy

We've got a single Bumblebee Platy with a sunken belly and is generally looking sickly. I need help figuring out the problem, pictures below. Here's the tank details:

• Tank Size:    56 gallons
  • pH:                7 
  • Nitrates:       ~40
  • Hardness:    150+ ppm
  • Nitrite:          0 
  • Ammonia:     0 
  • KH/Buffer:    ~40 ppm (need to add more crushed coral)
  • Water Temperature: 75 degrees

The little fellow seems to be eating and the rest of tank is fat and happy. We're feeding a combo of Xtreme Krill flakes and Nano bites, Hikari frozen Brine, and Tubiflex worms. It's a well stocked tank with Salt and Pepper, Green Lantern, and Blue Wag Platys, as well as Serpae Tetras, and a few mutt guppies. The thin fish did get nipped a while ago, before we got the Tetra aggression under control. There's many plants in there including swords, water sprite, and Japan. 

What do people think? Worms? I am moving him to our Quarantank so he can get some solo attention. 

Platy1.jpg

Platy2.jpg

Platy3.jpg

Also, from her tailfin, it looks like she got nipped pretty recently. Potential parasites plus stress from bullying can really cause issues.

The solo attention (both w/meds and then grub) sounds like a solid plan to monitor and fatten her up.

Edited by quikv6

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 2:17 AM, Wonder Boy said:

Any concern for the white near the head? 

There a few things it could be an injury or over production of the slime coat or a bacterial infection I would treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons and monitor for now if it starts to get worse I would treat with kanaplex 

• Thanks 1