Shrimp & White ring of death

Karen B.

Greetings!

15 gallons fluval flex, planted, with 15 clown killifish, about 3-4 shrimps and 3 nerite snails.

Temp is about 77.
0/0/10.

Ph 7.2

Kh 2 (api drop test) /0 (aquarium coop test strips)
Gh 15 (api drop test) / 300 (aquarium coop test stips)

My tap water :
0/0/0
Gh 4(API)/75 (coop)
Kh 2(API)/40 (coop)
Ph 7
Chlorine : .8
I treat with Prime and stability.

In one week, my 2 adult shrimps died from what appears to be the white ring of death. 
There is a big piece of cuttlebone in the aquarium for them. I also feed them GlasGarten Mineral Junkie but they ignore it. They have a varied diet, including Hikari crab cuisine. And contrary to a lot of people, my shrimps do not reproduce - I had them for months, only 3 babies. My clown killifish do not attack or eat them.

I do a WC (35-50%) every 2 weeks just to gravel clean because the nitrate are always low. I dose easy green, iron and potassium once a week, seachem excel every day.

38276DEC-C47B-4D65-ADB1-0888D603D44C.jpeg.fb0fef23cd4c8063cdaac4ee28f862df.jpeg

Currently the tank is undergoing a maracyn / paracleanse treatment.

I am trying to find what I am doing wrong. Water too hard? Not enough calcium or magnesium? Raise kh? How/what product to use. I am lost!

It has to be something I do as about the same thing is happening to my 5 gallons shrimps only tanks. 2 months ago I had 12 adults, now I am left with only 2. And only once did I get babies (about 8-10, they are 3 weeks old). They also have a piece of cuttlebone, varied diet, etc. I used to do big WC but now I try to clean the substrate less and top off only. But Where is the line between too much mulm/debris vs too clean substrate?
0/0/10
Kh 2 (API)/ 0 (coop)
Gh 8 (API) / 300 (coop
Ph 7.2
14CB133C-C168-49E6-A5C1-D1DCD8D9F5F5.jpeg.7563d604cef6a9f1ad0d1c56d098167a.jpeg

What is causing the 15GH? Your tap water is near perfect for Neo's. 

I would find the source causing the increase and remove it.

Reduce your water change amount to 10% and do more frequent changes only if need be. After 3 generations or so, you can increase water change amounts.

I suspect you are having a TDS shift when water changing. Do you have a TDS meter?

Don't change KH, find the GH source so you can lower it just by water changes. An 8dGH should be good if they are Neo's. What kind are they?

I only feed mineral junkies once a month, the rest is high protein every few days. All food should be eaten that day or you will need to remove it.

Getting a colony started is kinda annoying at first, but once settled, it will run itself.

Edited by Mmiller2001