Fish to be combined with white clouds

Nooty

Hey guys,

I am setting up a new 130l planted tank (34gal) and would like a nice school of whiteclouds in there. 

I am looking for a fish that stays in the underlayers of the tank (like corydoras do) but I am unsure if corydoras can be kept at the same temperatures as the whiteclouds. 

Any advice? My go to fish would be the panda- or the sterbai cory but I want to have a second opinion first.

Can it be done (and by that I mean will the fish be happy) and is there another fish I am missing that would be better suited?

Thanks in advance!

ive kept/keep bronze cory's, panda's, pygmy, and hasbrosus at room temp. so as long as you dont keep your white clouds below the mid 60's you are probably fine. some species of cory may prefer warmer, but imo as a species they are fairly temperature tolerant.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thank you!

The room this tank is in has two more tanks and 2 computers that run between 4 and 15 hours a day so even when not heated in spring and autumn it stays around 22° (71F) and is pretty stable.

Next question would be if that is too warm for the whiteclouds. I know they like colder water from the research I did, but numbers don't speak to me as muh as personal experience from other people.

😊🤙

White clouds would be fine at 71°. Mine have breed and have been doing great in unheated indoor aquariums (usually 65° to 75°) and outdoor in my little ponds (40° in winter to 85° this summer).

They are pretty tough little fish. I think a nice stable 71° or so and they will do well for you. 

• Love 1