Peacock chiclid tank mates

Chiclid addict

So I want to do a chiclid tank but I want to know what can go with the what I believe is a  peacock or a electric blue hap  I already have if any one can Id it I will put a pic his main Identifying features are a blue body and yellow dots on his back bottom fin 

E6AD65E3-64DB-480F-9240-AC169D3EC07B.png

53535AC5-1223-484A-9C7C-E42464487766.jpeg

Edited by Angelfishlover
  • Like 1

Part of the challenge is that this may be a hybrid. If you don’t get good feedback here on African Cichlid I.D., don’t feel bad searching for specific answers on some other forums.

In these photos, the face looks a bit more like some kind a normal (non-hap) Malawi Mbuna than like a Peacock.

Can you try shooting a 1-min. video, and posting that on this thread?

If you want to set up a Mbuna tank, you need 40 gal or larger. If you want a full community, 55 gal. is probably minimum.

If you want to breed and get a colony going, you can do that effectively in a 40 gal breeder.

On 6/27/2021 at 8:47 PM, Fish Folk said:

Part of the challenge is that this may be a hybrid. If you don’t get good feedback here on African Cichlid I.D., don’t feel bad searching for specific answers on some other forums.

In these photos, the face looks a bit more like some kind a normal (non-hap) Malawi Mbuna than like a Peacock.

Can you try shooting a 1-min. video, and posting that on this thread?

If you want to set up a Mbuna tank, you need 40 gal or larger. If you want a full community, 55 gal. is probably minimum.

If you want to breed and get a colony going, you can do that effectively in a 40 gal breeder.

Yeah I think that would be my goal would be to try and get a colony going of that fish what ever he is so I will probably go with a 40b is or is it possible he himself could go in a 29gal because I have and open one right now until I can get a 40b cycled he’s still In Quarantine atm I will also try and get the vid for you it may be kinda hard so not very high quality or 1 minute long because I don’t know if I can get him to stay out for 1 minute straight 😂 

Edit: I was ame to get 2 videos Of him around 30 seconds each he’s very shy so I wasn’t able to get the best videos Of him I will link them when I can upload them yt is being stupid right now 

Edited by Angelfishlover