UV Sterilizers

Stella

On 7/9/2021 at 5:34 PM, ARMYVET said:

I would take that sucker outside fill it up and bleach the hell out of it and let it sit full of bleach water for a week....then wash it out and refill and let sit with dechlorinater.  I would not let it beat me!

Now that’s Army strong 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

Sorry to hear about your fish - the same happened to me. Lost an entire tank. Took the thing outside, nuked it. Started over..now happier than ever with the tank. Don't let it discourage you, make the best of it!

• Love 2

I would take that sucker outside fill it up and bleach the hell out of it and let it sit full of bleach water for a week....then wash it out and refill and let sit with dechlorinater.  I would not let it beat me!

I've thought about it, and still may.  For now though I'm going to take the opportunity to buy a new tank......don't tell my husband 🤫 

Edited by Stella
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/26/2021 at 11:32 AM, Guppysnail said:

Either one as long as the ingredient benzalkonium chloride is in it. Like I said some versions like free and clear use hydrogen peroxide instead. 2 minutes minimum 5 to be safe is what they said. I would take and do little pieces and see what the max they can tolerate up to the 5 minutes. I have no clue as to its affect on plants

I am pretty sure I’m going to have to do this same thing. I have some nice Fluval 3.0 lights on top of the tank. They sit over a glass top, but I’m sure at different times they’ve gotten the water on them. Is that the sort of thing I can just disinfect or do you think I should replace those? What about all the chemicals, plant scissors, tweezers, net, etc.? That’s all stuff I can just disinfect right? 

On 2/2/2023 at 4:08 PM, Nicole said:

I am pretty sure I’m going to have to do this same thing. I have some nice Fluval 3.0 lights on top of the tank. They sit over a glass top, but I’m sure at different times they’ve gotten the water on them. Is that the sort of thing I can just disinfect or do you think I should replace those? What about all the chemicals, plant scissors, tweezers, net, etc.? That’s all stuff I can just disinfect right? 

Just hit everything with hydrogen peroxide to be safe