Pup-fish = Bull-dog

So... turns out... this is why the Rainbow Shiners are looking worse for the wear, and not spawning: my male Florida Flagfish has basically decided to rule the tank with a rod of iron.

Full disclosure.... Bob (that super experienced aquarist is every fish club) warned me. So now... got to have a think about who goes where... 

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 3

Lol flagfish can be jerks. I usually only recommend them in tanks with fish that can put them in their place. My male also likes to beat the crap out of anyone who enters his territory. The females are docile, though. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 6:56 PM, Nirvanaquatics said:

Lol flagfish can be jerks. I usually only recommend them in tanks with fish that can put them in their place. My male also likes to beat the crap out of anyone who enters his territory. The females are docile, though. 

That’s a good call. I really love them though... I’d enjoy getting my pair to spawn.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 7:00 PM, Fish Folk said:

That’s a good call. I really love them though... I’d enjoy getting my pair to spawn.

They're such fun fish to breed! I have them in my pond and the male is currently caring for a batch of wigglers. They make pretty good parents most of the time, I don't have to do much at all with them. 

• Like 1