Filter placement for 29 gallon

Slick_Nick

Hey everyone I am setting up a new 29 gallon tank and I have an aqua clear 50 going on it. I was just curious what the best placement is to get flow around the tank? Is it best on the side of the aquarium so it’s flowing long ways across the tank. Or hanging off the back of the tank either in the middle or either side and bouncing off the front glass? 

I can’t speak to what’s best but I have the same size tank and the same filter. I hang mine on the back, a little left of center (as you look at the tank) and run it on the lowest flow setting. I run an air stone in the back right corner. This setup has been working well for my fish and my setup. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2021 at 2:17 PM, Perry said:

I can’t speak to what’s best but I have the same size tank and the same filter. I hang mine on the back, a little left of center (as you look at the tank) and run it on the lowest flow setting. I run an air stone in the back right corner. This setup has been working well for my fish and my setup. Good luck!

Perfect thanks Perry! That’s where I was thinking. I’d like to get away without using an air stone if possible I was just worried about water not getting good circulation on the furthest end away from the filter where you have your air stone which is why I’m assuming you added the air stone?