L134 Leopard Frog Pleco

Leo2o915

I pulled the trigger on two one male and one female decided to add another one just debating if it’s better getting another male which would give the one female a choice from either male or two females and hopefully one of them likes the male I will be getting another 3 in a month or less just debating what will be the best ratio for them they going to be in their own tank  they around 3inches to 3.25 so wondering how old are they. Wild caught 

6 minutes ago, Colu said:

I would get another female as the male can be territorial  I usely go with a ratio of 2-3 female per male if your trying to breed them

Ok awesome thanks I thought maybe getting two males hopefully one could court the female but I see what you mean 

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, BriannesFishFarm, my male looses a lot of weight sitting on eggs, if your going to let the male sit on them it might be a good idea separating the male after a spawn hatches to let him bulk back up or alternate the female between 2 males, my last spawn I pulled the eggs about 12 hours after they were laid and they are doing great so far. They are in a community tank and cichlids pester the heck out of dad and the eggs and the last batch was good size but only had like 10 hatch and like 5 survive (they were all moved to a separate tank). So trying the egg tumbler this go around, hopefully it makes it easier on dad and we get more hatching and surviving.