Bumblebee Gobies confusion!!

Goshfush

Hello! I bought 3 bumblebee gobies from my local shop. They were being kept at the store in fresh/soft water and I now have them in my tank that has similar parameters (ph: 7 GH: 6). At the time I got them I asked the shop whether they were ok to keep in freshwater and they said yes that is how they always keep them and they do fine. I have had them for about 2 weeks now and they seem to be doing well (eating frozen foods and very active) I keep feeling uneasy though because from what I have read since that doesn’t seem the best conditions for them? And I don’t want them to just drop dead one day from it or not live out their normal lifespan! But I am also worried if I put them in brackish water that could adversely affect them because they are accustomed to freshwater? What do you all think? I don’t know what the original supplier had them in though. Thanks for your answers in advance!

The problem is there are two species of bumblebee goby that are readily available brachygobius xanthozona are fine in freshwater while brachygobius nunas need brackish water and there often get miss label in lfs

Edited by Colu
  • Like 2