What is this plant and can I propagate new plants by trimming?

When I bought this plant, I bought a plant bundle and the seller chose all of the plants as a part of the bundle but they also did not label the plants (which they said they would not do so I knew going in). They have doubled in height since I got them two weeks ago.

Can I cut these in half and replant the trimming for new plants? 

20210516_195917.jpg

28 minutes ago, Patrick_G said:

Looks like Ludwigia Repens. I’ve had good luck cutting and replanting and It’s probably the plant that I have the easiest time growing. 

168B201C-1147-46B0-ACB7-0F067887EE4C.jpeg

Like just sticking the piece you cut off back into the substrate? That's easy enough!

• Like 1

Yup! It seems to grow in any substrate. I have them growing in  sand, Ecocomplete and also fancy capped aquasoil. I’ve had good luck with them all. It’s seems to have minimal melting,  a few stems have rotted where they enter the substrate but the upper parts stay healthy and I just replant that  stem. 

I usually trim off a few leaves on the bottom of the cutting and then plant them. Are you currently using Easy Green? With sufficient light, dosing Easy Greeen, and adding some liquid iron Ludwigia repens will produce really nice red leaves. Make sure to not plant the  stems closer than 1" to 1.5" otherwise they'll lose a lot of their bottom leaves and get rather leggy.

• Like 1