Greetings from Virginia!

Hello everybody!

My name is John, I'm new to the forum and relatively new to the hobby. I started a tank back in October and finally got it stocked in early November (I did the whole fishless cycle which was an educational experience to say the least). I have 2 tanks, a 29 gallon community tank, and a 10 gallon cherry shrimp tank. They are both planted as I found as I have progressed through the hobby I enjoy growing plants almost as much as keeping fish! The 29 gallon has 9 Bronze Corydoras, 6 of them are full grown adults and three are juveniles (the only survivors of a surprise spawning), 7 pearl danios, a juvenile longfin lemon bristlenose, a pair of Bolivian Rams, and a female blue gourami. The ten gallon has about 25 mixed variety cherry shrimp, though 4 of the females are berried so hopefully I'll have a colony going soon! Anyhow I'm super happy to be here and I look forward to interacting with everybody, and sharing my limited experience where I can! PXL_20210509_011655061_MP.jpg.1340f1a4af04d7c9c760c50cc7b3a6fc.jpg

PXL_20210509_011602088.jpg

PXL_20210508_201256157.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Welcome! You have a very impressive tank. I really like the dwarf read lily. If you want any extra info Aquarium co op has a lot but KG Tropicals also does. They have a lot of great YouTube vids and Thursday livestreams. They also sell Betas, food, filters and other stuff. The only reason that I'm mentioning this is that they are also located in Virginia and the husband who heads half of the business is also named John. Just thought it was a funny coincidence! If you ever have any questions feel free to reach out to me or any of the other forum members. Enjoy your evening!