Curious..how do you all price your secondhand tank items?

TifNee837

Hope this is okay to post!!!

But i'm just curious and wondering how other #nerms go about "setting a price" , when it comes to selling your spare / "old" aquariums and equipment and such?

Things like aquariums themselves, heaters, filters, lids, lights, substrate, thermometers, "fake" plants/decor, wood, etc.

I have 3 or 4 spare tanks and lots of "extras" that I am looking to list, but there are sooooo many listings that I see, and think "you want how much? For THAT!? Are you NUTS!?" kinda stuff 🤣

I genuinely am just curious as to if any of you have a standard/guideline you choose to follow when it comes to such things 😊

HAPPY FRIDAY, Y'ALL!

12 minutes ago, TifNee837 said:

Hope this is okay to post!!!

But i'm just curious and wondering how other #nerms go about "setting a price" , when it comes to selling your spare / "old" aquariums and equipment and such?

Things like aquariums themselves, heaters, filters, lids, lights, substrate, thermometers, "fake" plants/decor, wood, etc.

I have 3 or 4 spare tanks and lots of "extras" that I am looking to list, but there are sooooo many listings that I see, and think "you want how much? For THAT!? Are you NUTS!?" kinda stuff 🤣

I genuinely am just curious as to if any of you have a standard/guideline you choose to follow when it comes to such things 😊

HAPPY FRIDAY, Y'ALL!

We sell most decent items via our Fish Club. Goal is to help out other serious aquarists. Otherwise, we tend to give aquariums to new hobbyists and encourage them.

Price points depends on locality for other listings. We definitely aim low with certain items in order to move them along. Lights might be one of the higher valued equipment pieces.

• Like 2

If I was selling a basic used tank, I would price it at 50 cents/ gallon. Considering you can get a new tank for a dollar per gallon, I wouldn’t expect anyone to pay nearly that much for a used one!

• Like 2

I'd look at Craigslist and FB marketplace for your area to see what people are selling for, or trying to sell for, and go a bit lower than that. I swear I see 10 gallon tanks with a plastic plant up there for like $50. Needless to say they hang around for awhile.