Pleco poop? Is this normal?

Sandra the fish rookie

I have some guppies and a super red pleco in QT. I had to delay starting meds due to tank chemisty. I am not feeding them. I usually do all 3 meds and do the second dose of Para cleanse and observe. 

The pleco poops a lot and I am not sure what its supposed to look like. I was going to give my tank 1 more day. 

Is this normal?

20210429_143554.jpg

20210429_143638.jpg

@KBOzzie59 & @Cys aquatics No I am not feeding him at all. All that is in there is anything growing on the filters, and there is some wood for him to much on. 

It just looked pale to me? but he is not eating anything that he could really digest I guess. I am paranoid having had SOOO many worms with guppies.. which is why I always de worm them.. and he is in there with the guppies.. 😞 

44 minutes ago, Sandra the fish rookie said:

@KBOzzie59 & @Cys aquatics No I am not feeding him at all. All that is in there is anything growing on the filters, and there is some wood for him to much on. 

It just looked pale to me? but he is not eating anything that he could really digest I guess. I am paranoid having had SOOO many worms with guppies.. which is why I always de worm them.. and he is in there with the guppies.. 😞 

I think the reason that his poop is pale is because of the wood that he will be munching on since wood is typicaly a pale color.

• Like 1