Hi from Charleston, SC

Charose

Hey there, I'm Charles and live in Charleston, SC. I was big into fish tanks when I was younger but haven't kept a hobby tank since I left for college (20 years ago 😞). After moving around the country for school and graduate training, our family has finally settled down (relatively) and we've recently become first time homeowners. Naturally, I felt it time to finally get a tank going again!

I started up a 5 gallon Fluval Spec a week ago "for my toddler" and am loving getting back into things. There's been a fair amount of change since I left, and I'm happy to see all the options for planted tanks available. The internet has really made things more educated and available.

Having spent a few late nights binging on youtube videos, I realized Cory and the Co-Op seemed like a trustworthy resource for info and products, so I purchased some hardscape and plants and clumsily put the tank together the other night. Fingers crossed!  

IMG_1290.JPG

• Like 1

Lovely tank! That sounds like how I ended up out of the hobby. It was too much work to haul tanks and fish to and from my college dorm several times a year. I told myself that once I was more settled I'd set another tank up again but it never really happened. Quarantine provided me with all sorts of time to sit and research and re-learn everything. I still only have the one tank but I have plans for several more. We are probably going to move in  couple years (oooooye) so I don't want to go too crazy right now.

• Like 1