Hi from Chicagoland!

LuckyFishGuy

Hi everyone I’ve been keeping fish for I think 5 years only seriously in the past 3. My dad however has been keeping cichlids off and on for 10. Lately I’ve found myself attracted to (fewer) larger tanks and see myself moving moving in that direction. I enjoy natural looking planted tanks (low tech so far). I love to learn and am looking forward to gaining and spreading knowledge of this fantastic hobby! 

A bit about my tanks and their current stocking 

20L - (8)star sapphire (growing out)

29- (15) tiger barbs, (15) serpae tetras, (5) Agassizi cories ,(1) juv blood parrot 

47- (2) angelfish “I hate this tank” lol

75- (8) M. Parva “sunset rainbows” from Gary Lange, (4) angelfish, (3) geophagus tapajos 

75- empty and awaiting the star sapphires 

-bucket list fish-

Cyathoparyax furcifer raizba

protomelas virgatas 

ophthalmotilapia Sp

B1238EB4-582B-4944-874A-CF15F551DBD8.jpeg

10813FF2-5584-4068-97E1-D748DC63F11B.jpeg

53AE2CAB-C452-44CE-95CC-35A782841D64.jpeg

1DC81C9B-2F8C-42E6-ADEF-76105DFF212B.jpeg

7674EFC6-6789-415F-92D4-3BF57CF1875D.jpeg

• Like 3

I love your tanks!  I hope mine grows in as well as yours do. I don't have anything quite that large yet. I dipped my toe in the shallow end first and went with a 15 for my first tank and years and my first planted tank ever.  Of course now I wish I had gotten a larger one and planned for additional tanks.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alison said:

I love your tanks!  I hope mine grows in as well as yours do. I don't have anything quite that large yet. I dipped my toe in the shallow end first and went with a 15 for my first tank and years and my first planted tank ever.  Of course now I wish I had gotten a larger one and planned for additional tanks.

Thanks Alison! I’m lucky in the fact that my partner doesn’t mind them as long as I keep them “looking nice” 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aquarium Apotheosis said:

Thanks Alison! I’m lucky in the fact that my partner doesn’t mind them as long as I keep them “looking nice” 😂

😁 I'm lucky I'm single right now. No one to complain about my space hogging hobbies other than me. Not only did I dive back into the aquarium hobby but I'm an orchid grower as well. I may have a couple of other house plants as well. Just a couple(dozen).

• Like 1