Release co2 pressure

JohnT

Hey folks, I just bought a second hand version of this co2 regulator: https://www.amazon.com/FZONE-Aquarium-Regulator-Compatible-Paintball/dp/B08P5FKQDT/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=FZONE&qid=1619284323&sr=8-1 and and I'm trying to remove the co2 tank to refill it and I've a question. The "Output pressure gauge" is stuck at 40 and doesn't go below that. Using the know I can increase the pressure but I can't turn the knob enough to make the gauge go below 40. My questions are: 1) do I need to get the pressure to 0 to before disconnecting the tank? 2) any idea why the pressure doesn't go down?

TIA!

Edited by JohnT

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

Hey folks, I just bought a second hand version of this co2 regulator: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SNCQ4WS/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=modernaqua-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07SNCQ4WS&linkId=c6ea4ba9c511b136a7b5372176e3e1f2 and and I'm trying to remove the co2 tank to refill it and I've a question. The "Output pressure gauge" is stuck at 40 and doesn't go below that. Using the know I can increase the pressure but I can't turn the knob enough to make the gauge go below 40. My questions are: 1) do I need to get the pressure to 0 to before disconnecting the tank? 2) any idea why the pressure doesn't go down?

TIA!

I can't get your Amazon link to work personally.

@ererer - I corrected the link. @Schwack - The valve that moves the needle is fully open. The knob that increase the bubbles seems to not be working properly because I can turn it indefinitely.

Do I need to plug the regulator on the power to release the gas or does it also work disconnected?

What type of CO2 tank do you have? Just unscrew the paintball type, they have a spring loaded close when you remove them. If your tabk has a valve, make sure it is closed. If you are unable to flow out to your tank, there may be a bit of CO2 trapped in the small cavity in the regulator. Remove carefully and slowly. If you are worried about your tank releasing the residual, do it outside in a well ventilated area. 

Thank you guys! I was able to disconnect the tank and release the pressure. I disconnected the tank with the valve still showing 40 psi. It just make a gassy noise but nothing more than that. The pressure valve just showed 0 psi after I connected the regulator to electricity and opened both valves.

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-24 at 12.27.53.jpeg