Just sharing some recent plant additions. Waiting for them to take hold.

Lefty469

Hi,

I don't know if others on here just share stuff, but I thought I'd give it a go.

Here's some Scarlet Temple and Anubias Barteri I added almost 2 weeks ago.  I think they're coming along.  I had both Anubias in the pots at first, but one died back pretty hard so I super-glued it to a piece of slate.  The rhizome seems (to me) to be in good shape.  Then, I have the two Scarlet's.  One melted back about the way I expected it to from watching the videos.  The other one I'm not so sure what to make of.

I have a BeamsWork, but it's an EA, not a DA like I should have gotten.  The tank right now is 83 degrees, with a hardness that baffles me (28), pH of 7.8, and 40/ppm of nitrate.  I'm hoping adding more plants will help some of those numbers.  I also plan on running CO2.  I already have a pressurized bottle, solenoid/regulator, etc, but I tore that setup down when I moved my living room (fish room) around.  I am using Trace and Flourish in small amounts  (half of recommended doses) just to make sure I'm not missing anything.

The last picture is my new to me 125.  I ordered the wrong size sponge for my FX4 and so decided to wedge it in to the driftwood.  I'm not sure what plant to put on it yet, but the tank is only 7 days new, so I have time.  I am putting in some of the muck when I wring out my other tanks filters.

Thanks for reading.  I welcome your thoughts.

IMG_20210422_165141350.jpg

IMG_20210422_165136878.jpg

IMG_20210422_164812216.jpg

IMG_20210422_164759388.jpg

IMG_20210422_170352071.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lefty469 said:

Hi,

I don't know if others on here just share stuff, but I thought I'd give it a go.

Here's some Scarlet Temple and Anubias Barteri I added almost 2 weeks ago.  I think they're coming along.  I had both Anubias in the pots at first, but one died back pretty hard so I super-glued it to a piece of slate.  The rhizome seems (to me) to be in good shape.  Then, I have the two Scarlet's.  One melted back about the way I expected it to from watching the videos.  The other one I'm not so sure what to make of.

I have a BeamsWork, but it's an EA, not a DA like I should have gotten.  The tank right now is 83 degrees, with a hardness that baffles me (28), pH of 7.8, and 40/ppm of nitrate.  I'm hoping adding more plants will help some of those numbers.  I also plan on running CO2.  I already have a pressurized bottle, solenoid/regulator, etc, but I tore that setup down when I moved my living room (fish room) around.  I am using Trace and Flourish in small amounts  (half of recommended doses) just to make sure I'm not missing anything.

The last picture is my new to me 125.  I ordered the wrong size sponge for my FX4 and so decided to wedge it in to the driftwood.  I'm not sure what plant to put on it yet, but the tank is only 7 days new, so I have time.  I am putting in some of the muck when I wring out my other tanks filters.

Thanks for reading.  I welcome your thoughts.

IMG_20210422_165141350.jpg

IMG_20210422_165136878.jpg

IMG_20210422_164812216.jpg

IMG_20210422_164759388.jpg

IMG_20210422_170352071.jpg

If can figure out how to get that Scarlet Temple to thrive, do share! Ours _always_ dies. Yet ... it draws me back, and I buy it all over again...