Back to the hobby after a decade or so

Duckles

Hi everyone.  A few months ago, my girlfriend and I went to the Tennessee Aquarium and it got me back in the mood to keep fish again.  I first started in 2004 and had several tanks until 2011 or so when my 55g reef tank crashed due to a heater failure.  I took some time off but now I'm back.

I currently have a 29g planted with guppies, cories, a bamboo shrimp, and a few mystery snails....  a 6.8g with a pea puffer... a 20g planted that currently houses a betta but will soon house the pea puffer once I can find two females to introduce at the same time with him, at which time the betta will move to the 6.8....... and since I have pea puffers it also means I have a 2.5 gallon snail farm.

I just want to say how thankful I am for a resource like Cory and Aquarium Co-op.  Getting back into things, I ended up watching a ton of videos and placed several orders from Aquarium Co-op.  I just found out about this forum this morning and couldn't wait to sign up and browse around.  When I was into it before, Youtube wasn't really a thing yet, so all we had were forums and books.  It's a whole new world these days, and I want to say thanks to Cory, Dean, "Girl Talks Fish", and the rest of the Aquarium Co-Op associated Youtubers who have made coming back into this hobby so awesome!

20210411_143258.jpg

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Duckles said:

Hi everyone.  A few months ago, my girlfriend and I went to the Tennessee Aquarium and it got me back in the mood to keep fish again.  I first started in 2004 and had several tanks until 2011 or so when my 55g reef tank crashed due to a heater failure.  I took some time off but now I'm back.

I currently have a 29g planted with guppies, cories, a bamboo shrimp, and a few mystery snails....  a 6.8g with a pea puffer... a 20g planted that currently houses a betta but will soon house the pea puffer once I can find two females to introduce at the same time with him, at which time the betta will move to the 6.8....... and since I have pea puffers it also means I have a 2.5 gallon snail farm.

I just want to say how thankful I am for a resource like Cory and Aquarium Co-op.  Getting back into things, I ended up watching a ton of videos and placed several orders from Aquarium Co-op.  I just found out about this forum this morning and couldn't wait to sign up and browse around.  When I was into it before, Youtube wasn't really a thing yet, so all we had were forums and books.  It's a whole new world these days, and I want to say thanks to Cory, Dean, "Girl Talks Fish", and the rest of the Aquarium Co-Op associated Youtubers who have made coming back into this hobby so awesome!

20210411_143258.jpg

Welcome back!! Love your tank here. Others sound fun too. Looking forward to seeing you share here on the forum. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and back to the hobby @Duckles! The tank is looking good, would love to see the rest as well! 

Yes it is way different now. Cory, Dean, Irene, Jimmy, Candi and everyone else on the Aquarium Co-op team have made this hobby so much better. The hobby is very lucky to have them all. 

• Like 1

I'll try to get more better pictures soon.  Fighting cyanobacteria in the 29g with the guppies and neons right now, but this was it a few weeks ago when it was looking good before I had to trim the Hygrophilia and remove some of the Anacharis

_MG_4775.jpg

• Like 3

And here's the current Puffer tank.  It's a 6.8g Imagitarium tank sitting on my nightstand.  I need to get in there and wipe some algae down, suck some of the hair algae out, and clean the dishes (remove snail shells).  It got a little overgrown over the weekend and I didn't get around to doing maintenance on it yesterday.

_MG_4843.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...