Questions about co2

Chiclid addict

So I am debating putting co2 in a 10g planted aquarium I am gonna be building but I have a lot of questions about it I haven’t done much research yet but These where my main questions 

1. Is it betta and shrimp safe 

2. how does it work( like do I have to have a big tank of co2 or can I just use cartridges)

3. is co2 ok for such a small tank 

4. Are all plants co2 safe 

5. Is it hard to set up and use 

6. will it affect my filters(maybe a stupid question but I don’t know anything) 

also some good articles would be appreciated if you know of them 

All are very good questions.

I've only used the cartridges as they're cheaper to buy, less cumbersome, easier to use and hide, and were very effective.

I don't know about the tank size, I used mine on a 29 gallon tank.

Not all plants respond well to the additional Co2, my Cryptocorynes started withering.

Co2 didn't seem to bother my filtration at all, but it may on a 10 gallon tank.

Last, but not least, the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

7 hours ago, Angelfishlover said:

So I am debating putting co2 in a 10g planted aquarium I am gonna be building but I have a lot of questions about it I haven’t done much research yet but These where my main questions 

1. Is it betta and shrimp safe 

2. how does it work( like do I have to have a big tank of co2 or can I just use cartridges)

3. is co2 ok for such a small tank 

4. Are all plants co2 safe 

5. Is it hard to set up and use 

6. will it affect my filters(maybe a stupid question but I don’t know anything) 

also some good articles would be appreciated if you know of them 

1: it is safe as long as the levels don’t get too high. 

2: I have a 10 pound tank on my 56 gallon and it has lasted almost a year. So for a 10 gallon you could literally do a 2.5 or something and have it last a looong time. 
3: co2 is okay at a smaller tank, it’s just harder to get to the desired level. Just like more water volume is easier for water parameters, same for co2 

4: all plants are ok for co2. They will grow faster and more condensed, all plants benefit from more carbon. 

5 it isn’t hard to set up or use, there is a video cory did on setting up a diffuser for the warehouse. The hard part is finding the sweet spot. 

6. Doesn’t affect filters at all