Hi guys! Trying my hand at live plants for the first time in a 3 gallon Betta tank. I need help on the best low-light easy to grow options. I’d like to fit a good number of plants if possible. The tank is 10 x 10 and it has a gravel substrate. Thanks for any advice or help you can share. 

Java fern, anubias, cryptocorynes, java moss, dwarf sagittaria, hornwort (as a floating). There a many types of crypts, my favs are wendtii red and parva. Parva is really small compared to other grass like plants. Java fern will fill your tank in a year or two. Java moss on a stick makes nice little trees. Anubias nana petite is very small, anubias nana is bigger and either (or both) would be a nice addition. You might luck out and get it to flower. My bettas like napping in java fern, catch the habrosus cories resting on anubias nana. Have seen other people's bettas enjoying a nap on anubias nana. Hornwort will shed old needles but it's a fast grower and great nitrate eater. Dwarf sag can be love/hate. When it stays short it's great, but if it decides to get taller it may not fit the look you were going for. 

• Like 3