Old Common Pleco - new spot and possible eye bulge.

AndrewK

I've had this common Pleco for 8+ years. This is the first issue it's ever had. He has a white spot on his nose and his right eye seems to be bulging out.

Water Parameters:

• pH - 7.2-7.6 
  • Nitrates - 100 (it's been high for a while, I've been doing water changes every 4 days and finally figured out my canister filter was hurting more than helping)
  • Hardness - 150 (I don't know what it's been, I just started checking with co-op strips)
  • Nitrite - 0
  • Ammonia - 0
  • KH/Buffer - 80-120
  • Water Temperature - 70

There have been recent changes, I've added live plants for the first time, I just added a sponge filter to replace the canister but I still also have my hob. I changed my heater because the old one wouldn't go below 80°.

Tank mates: angelfish, pearl gourami, senegal bichir, red eye tetras, neon tetras, pictus catfish, and a couple guppies. All the fish are adolescents and I've had them 1-2 months. I don't see any signs of illness on any of the other fish.

What am I missing?  Thank you for your help.

20210417_183853~2.jpg

20210417_190746.jpg

Edited by AndrewK
Missing words

I've been watching my pleco and I think his eye is okay, it just looked a little different. I also think that the spot on his nose is an injury. Not sure what he injured in it on but I don't think it's ick or anything.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndrewK said:

I've been watching my pleco and I think his eye is okay, it just looked a little different. I also think that the spot on his nose is an injury. Not sure what he injured in it on but I don't think it's ick or anything.  

Bigger fish like common pleco can get startled and swim in stuff in the tank that probably what has happen