Lighting Requirements

ReNae

I have just put a 300 gallon goldfish pond in the front foyer of my home. I want to change the current hanging chandelier to some type of track lighting for the plants in the pond. I will probably have an electrician do the installation but I want to find the type of lighting myself. I have Fluval plant lights on my 125 and the plants seem to grow well. Can anyone suggest what lighting specs/track lights I should look for so that the plants get enough light each day? I appreciate any suggestions.

On 9/9/2020 at 7:29 PM, MickS77 said:

I would watch some of Cory's recent fishroom videos on YouTube. He talks about the track lights he installed in his fishroom. Maybe someone will know the specific video. 

I would suggest this, and also go to Lowe's or Home Depot and look in the lighting, there are some LED light bulbs that screws into a regular socket that put out some serious light. They are in a star pattern and some of them you can adjust the "legs" to point where you want them to. I got some for in my garage, I only have two light fixtures in there, and I went from dark and dim to nice and bright able to see great. 

@StevelsntSorry - Can you suggest what type of light bulbs I should consider that would be strong enough to promote good plant growth? Also, is it possible to have a timer somehow on the chandelier? As you can see, I don't know much about this type of lighting.