One Last Tank

ForestJenn

So my husband put his foot down.  One last tank.  He actually wanted us to stop at 4, but I pointed out that the shrimp in quarantine really need their own tank.  He was super reasonable about that and agreed.  We set up the last tank today.   It was fun to pull it together.  We currently have 8 shrimp.  They're mostly female but it looks like one of them is carrying eggs.  We'll be picking up more males as they become available.  We also added a nice size group of young chili rasboras, Boraras brigittae.  There's some new plants for me as well as a new substrate.  (I'll add a picture to the family aquariums thread soon.) 

All of the various tanks have different kinds of communities going on in the right now.  So it's not like I expect to get bored or anything.  But...

I'd really like to set up some sort of stream tank for gobies.  Shell dwellers look interesting.   I didn't think I was super interested in live bearers, but there are some really pretty mollies at the LFS right now.  And some of the larger tetras look like a lot of fun.  I'd really like a species only pea puffer tank.  Amazon puffers look like a lot of fun too.  I'd like to try outdoor ponds too (I may be able to duck the max number of tanks limit there.)  It would be really fun to try my hand at breeding some of the less common fish out there.

Do you see my problem?  Obviously I'll live with it.  I'd rather have my husband than another aquarium (most days).   On the bright side, I'm lucky to have Aquarium Co-op as my LFS.  I still get to stop in and visit Murphy when I pick up food and root tabs.  On that note, since I don't have a picture of the new tank yet, here's a shot of Adrian feeding Murphy this morning.   He finally remembered to wear his shirt and since it was early the store was fairly empty.  He got his chance!

Adrian_murphy.jpg

Edited by ForestJenn
  • Like 1

What are your 4 tanks? If I was you I would trade tanks after a year so you have the chance to get all the things. I have the limitation of space I can only use the basement for my pet room and I get one "show" tank in my living room. I went big so I have a 300 a 450 and an 800 in the pet room and 90 as the show tank. If I were you I would get one "big" tank for your planted community a 125 or 180 Would do fine and give you the chance to have some bigger tetras, rainbow fish, corys, and all the plants you could ever need. Then you could have the three others be between 10-75 depending on your space and when you got broad of a tank you trade it out for the next cool thing. Once a year or so take the tank that you don't like the most and trade it for something you like more at that time. My 300 is a hill stream community this is a few pics I think you might like.

B5000058-9B6E-4999-8388-C45160DA9FA8.jpeg

399F6BA2-9B2D-4915-8F01-1E1E870D8648.jpeg

15D09522-F3E3-46A6-9946-78FBFF2A730D.jpeg

A5E44259-198A-408C-B510-F97091A98DB2.jpeg

9B1EACC0-18F9-4152-8733-B6AD5FD0F678.jpeg

878875C0-5A6F-4E28-9903-E22704318A6F.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Taylor Blake said:

What are your 4 tanks?

40 Gallon South American themed with neon black tetras, panda corys, a breeding pair of Nannacara anomola and a bristlenose (Rio Ucayali locality).

29 Gallon Bristlenose breeding tank (once the itty bitty long fin green dragons grow up).  Currently also housing a couple honey gouramis, black neon tetras and some otocinclus.  

10 gallon betta tank with one Betta splendens and 6 cardinals.

10 gallon shrimp tank with 9 shrimp and 12 chili rasboras (so tiny!)

5 gallon betta tanks with just the single betta. 

I'm not feeling so sad today.   Pretty grateful that we have the room and resources for this many aquariums as it is.  🙂

By the way, my son is drooling over your gobies!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ForestJenn said:

I'm not feeling so sad today.   Pretty grateful that we have the room and resources for this many aquariums as it is.  🙂

This went from a perfectly normal single tank to  madness  super-awesome level pretty fast for me too. It is a better coping strategy than some, but instead of my family putting on the brakes, I infected them so far. They make fun of me while egging me on.

Still, focusing on the tanks we have and making them awesome-er is also a very cool strategy! 🙂 

• Like 2