I'm talking about this because ACO's most recent newsletter was about it. This is a cautionary tale.

A few months ago I bought some anubius from a trusted source and put it in a tank that already had quite a bit of anubius in it. (Okay, so I didn't quarantine it. Guilty.) It quickly started losing leaves. After a few days of this, I checked the plant more closely and noticed that the rhizome was now mushy. I googled it and learned that this was known as anubius rot disease. It's considered uncommon, however it can spread to the other anubius in the tank. Unfortunately this was my experience. Even though I immediately removed the infected plant, I ended up losing all the anubius in that tank within a couple of weeks. I have a lot of anubius in all my tanks and, because it took out plants that had been in there and healthy for months, I'm pretty sure they were infected by the new plant and it wasn't anything I did--if I ignore the fact that I didn't quarantine the new plant.

Please note that I still don't quarantine plants. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar experience...it was stressful. I have decided to stick to bare root anubias from now on, since I don't seem to have good luck with potted. I think it may stress the plants and make them more susceptible. I waited a few weeks before replacing with bare root, and so far there has not been a recurrence. Fingers crossed.

24 minutes ago, Brandy said:

I had a similar experience...it was stressful. I have decided to stick to bare root anubias from now on, since I don't seem to have good luck with potted. I think it may stress the plants and make them more susceptible. I waited a few weeks before replacing with bare root, and so far there has not been a recurrence. Fingers crossed.

I'm all bare root now too. I've noticed in potted anubias, for some reason the rock wool gets kinda sucked into some of the roots and prevents growth in those particular root sections. Anubias aren't cheap either!